Index to Public Lands News of July 17, 2015
Index to the current issue:
* HOUSE WOULD BLOCK O&G ROYALTY HIKE. Rider in approps bill would forbid BLM from increasing onshore royalty above 12.5 percent. Dems talked about increase to 16.5 percent, or a $1.5 billion annual hike.
* LOADED HOUSE SPENDING BILL STALLS. Controversy over Confederate flag waylays for now. Important new GOP riders added on the floor.
* HOUSE APPROVES DISASTER SPENDING FOR FIRES. Joins Senate and administration in shift to disaster account. But is a hazardous fuels snag.
* PRESIDENT DESIGNATES THREE NATIONAL MONUMENTS. Southern Nevada desert monument most sensitive. Sen. Reid is all for; Rep. Hardy is not.
* LEAD COUNTY PULLS OUT OF UTAH LANDS INITIATIVE. New Daggett commission says last year’s proposal must be changed. Bishop continues on.
* HOUSE VOTES TO KEEP ESA RIDERS. Heads off Dems’ attempt to remove sage- grouse, wolf and bat riders from FY 2016 appropriations measure.
* ONRR COAL ROYALTY VALUATION RULE OPPOSED. House votes to block proposal to change valuation system for royalty purposes. Dems disagree .
* HOUSE OBJECTS TO BLM O&C PLAN. Would block implementation of six plans bureau proposed in April. Walden says BLM would short timber sales.
* HOUSE MINERALS BILL AIMS AT ALL MINERALS. Critical minerals bill would also speed permits for regular hard rock minerals, to OMB’s scorn.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* CONFERENCE CALENDAR.