Index to Public Lands News of September 19, 2014
Index to the current issue:
* WYDEN DETERMINED TO MOVE O&C BILL. Despite frontal assault from timber industry and Oregon counties. Senate committee sets mark-up. Industry says won’t produce timber. Counties seek experts to study revenues.
* GREENS PROMISE MEXICAN WOLF, LYNX SUITS. Say Mexican wolf recovery plan is out-of-date. Say Canadian lynx habitat omits southern Rockies.
* CONGRESS APPROVES RELATIVELY RIDERLESS CR. Would keep government in money through December 11. Includes controversial Middle East provision.
* SENATE, HOUSE MOVING ENERGY BILLS. Senate approves $9,500 APD fee to speed permits. House approves package of bills it approved before.
* HOUSE DEMS AGAIN DEMAND FIRE BILL ACTION. Ask Republicans who sponsored emergency fire measure to sign petition to bring it to the floor.
* CIRCUIT COURT OKAYS WYOMING WILD HORSE REMOVAL. Upholds district court decision giving BLM approval to remove strays from checkerboard.
* BLM PLANNING PLAN DRAWS REQUEST. Bureau had barely begun work on new guidance than sportsmen asked for broad backcountry protection.
* COURT BACKS WYOMING HAZE RULE, FOR NOW. Tenth Circuit stays EPA rule requiring power plants to clean up. Says state will likely win.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* CONFERENCE CALENDAR.