Index to Public Lands News of February 5, 2016
Index to the current issue:
* SENATE DENIES MOST ENERGY BILL RIDERS. Rejects amendments to expedite O&G gathering lines, impose limits on national monuments. Final passage of underlying energy bill delayed. Indian energy proposal approved.
* SENATE REJECTS CURBS ON NATIONAL MONUMENTS. In a vote on Lee amendment to require Senate and state approval of monument within three years. Debate sharpened by proposals for Owyhee and Canyonlands Monuments.
* SENATORS SAY THEY WILL ADDRESS FIRE MONEY. Three committee chairmen say once again they will take up, but they offer no specific steps.
* USUAL DEBATE OVER BLM METHANE PROPOSAL. Industry and its allies oppose. Enviros and their allies support. BLM also looks at royalty hike.
* WILL SENATE ENTER COAL LEASING DEBATE? Faces three amendments that would undo DoI leasing moratorium and freeze existing royalty rate.
* MALHEUR OCCUPATION COOLS; HARD FEELINGS DON’T. Disposal of federal lands drives dispute. Utah leaders contemplate suit to claim lands.
* SENATE CONSIDERS RED RIVER RESURVEY. May take up Cornyn amendment that proposes Texas, Oklahoma survey of public land. House has passed.
* SRS AND PILT AMENDMENT RESURFACES. Wyden and company continue to offer amendment to make permanent, but Senate leaders may not address.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* BOXSCORE OF LEGISLATION.