Index to Public Lands News of November 20, 2015
Index to the current issue:
* SENATORS ASSESS WILDFIRE STRATEGY. Murkowski, Cantwell say they will write legislation addressing all issues, including funding, borrowing and hazardous fuels treatment. Lots of other plans on the table.
* APPROPRIATORS WORKING ON OMNIBUS. Expect to run one jumbo spending bill to respective floors. Dems, greens demand elimination of riders.
* SENATORS JOIN CAMPAIGN TO BAN ENERGY LEASING. Seven Democrats introduce bill that would end fossil fuels leasing from onshore public lands.
* SENATORS TIE ANIMAS SPILL TO MINE LAW REFORM. Five Democrats introduce bill not only to clean up abandoned mines but also to set royalty.
* CALIFORNIA DESERT RENEWABLES PLAN OUT. Phase I for federal lands is completed, but it does not incorporate state and local planning.
* STEP TWO TAKEN IN ROAN O&G SETTLEMENT. BLM publishes draft EIS backing plan limiting energy development. Carries out all-party agreement Page 9
* LWCF BILL MAY BOOST PILT A BIT. Draft Bishop measure would cut PILT in on 15 percent of LWCF money, but that’s at most a quarter of needs.
* UTAH COAL PROJECT FACES GROUSE, OTHER PROBLEMS. Expansion of Alton Coal mine would affect grouse habitat. Also runs into no leasing demand.
* GREENS HOPE UTAH COURT WILL HALT RS 2477 CLAIMS. Parties offer state Supreme Court reasons to follow, reject law addressing state claims.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* CONFERENCE CALENDAR.