Index to Public Lands News of October 31, 2014
Index to the current issue:
* GOP GOES AFTER SAGE-GROUSE SCIENCE. Workshop on genetics is among several targets. House Republicans said it should have been more broadly attended. But FWS said the event was focused on narrow science.
* GOP GOES AFTER FRACKING STUDIES. Senate EPW members object to several studies and proposed rules. Inhofe slams EPA IG; he hits back.
* UTAH LANDS INITIATIVE TAKES A STEP. With agreement on managing public lands in Daggett County among Rep. Bishop, conservationists, locals.
* 'WHITE PAPER’ QUESTIONS UTAH LAND LAW. State university officials say law demanding federal lands fails all legal and regulatory tests.
* BLM COMPLETES CRUCIAL NPRA OIL PROJECT EIS. Preferred alternative backs much of ConocoPhillips proposal for Mooses Tooth. Statewide key.
* MURKOWSKI MAY MOVE TO CENTER STAGE. On public lands policy next year if GOP takes over Senate. She would chair Senate Energy, money chair.
* COURT UPHOLDS MULTI-STATE VISIBILITY PLAN. Appeals panel endorses three-state plan for protecting Colorado Plateau from haze emissions.
* REPUBLICANS PUSHING ENERGY PLAN ALREADY. House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy expects Senate to follow House lead next year on bills.
* FS SORTS OUT FY 2014 FIRE COSTS. Uses different bases of comparison to come up with overspending estimates of $200M, $470M and $615M.
* COURT MAY REFEREE UINTA AIR DISPUTE. Parties present circuit court with their positions on EPA-approved plans NOT imposing ozone standards.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* BOXSCORE OF LEGISLATION.