Index to Public Lands News of July 3, 2015
Index to the current issue:
* BLM FRACKING RULE BLOCKED. At least until August by federal judge. Court says rule could harm industry and that appellants have a good case. In the meantime appropriators and authorizes on Hill move to stop.
* SENATORS ENDORSE EMERGENCY FIRE SWITCH. Would shift some costs to fight most expensive fires out of appropriations. Similar to Wyden/Crapo bill. House would continue to pay all fire-fighting costs out of approps.
* DEMS FAVOR O&G ROYALTY HIKE. Led by Grijalva, they ask onshore increase from 12.5 percent to 18.75 percent. Industry very much disagrees.
* OBAMA TAKES HOUSE MONEY BILL TO TASK. Criticizes overall spending level as well as virtually every policy statement. Big contest in Senate.
* HOUSE, SENATE DIFFER ON PAYING FOR PILT. House appropriators would take payments from money bill. Senate appropriators would fund outside.
* FS PULLS GROUNDWATER POLICY. After states complained it would interfere with their management of water rights. FS may try new directive.
* GAO HITS BLM RENEWABLE ENERGY BONDING. Says bureau has no standards for solar. BLM says it already has a proposed rule on the street.
* UTAH COUNTIES MOVING ON BISHOP INITIATIVE. Submit proposals for a Public Lands Initiative amendment that SUWA takes great exception to.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* BOXSCORE OF LEGISLATION.